Cash App founder Bob Lee killed in San Francisco stabbing

The San Francisco Police Department said officers responded to a report of a stabbing around 2:35 a.m. Tuesday. The officers found a 43-year-old man with apparent stab wounds. The man was taken to a hospital with life-threatening injuries and later died, police said.





Bob Lee, a technology executive who founded the mobile payment company Cash App and previously worked at Square, died Tuesday after he was stabbed near downtown San Francisco, according to his family.




They two men had been living in Miami since October after moving there from California, his father said in the post. They had grown especially close after Bob Lee’s mother died in 2019. NBC News could not immediately confirm why the executive was back in the Bay Area.

"I'm so saddened and disheartened to lose my brother," Tim Oliver Lee wrote on Facebook. "He really was the best of us. I was so fortunate to grow up with him, and I feel like I've lost part of myself

Comments

Popular Posts